Wednesday, June 11, 2008


i've been dragging this week. i think the culprit is my newfound/renewed addiction to an iced tea/lemonade blend that must have caffiene because when i drink it with dinner i am up until the wee hours of the morning, tempting me to reach for something caffienated the following day, prompting the cycle to continue. i don't want the cycle to continue. i need to break the cycle.

before this iced tea/lemonade debacle, i hadn't really had caffiene for over 6 months. i don't know how it all started. i just woke up one morning and didn't want to drink coffee anymore. now, i still enjoy a good grande soy decaf drink now and again from a few different coffee shops in the area, as well as decaf hazelnut coffee in my french press whenever i can steal a lazy saturday morning. i just didn't want that jolt any more.

even chocolate (that sweet delicious food fallen from the heavenly realms) gives me too much of a jolt if i have any large portion of it. if i go past a little candy bar, i turn in to a hyper -> crashed version of myself for the day. kiddie size is what i have to order if i stop in to dq or the "no i don't want my ass to be larger than the seat" size at coldstone.

but that deals with ice cream. that is a whole different story for a different day.

when did food become such a chore to my aging body?

No comments: