Thursday, October 06, 2005

i am signing up to volunteer for the USO.

i figure, i don't want to be one of those people who wants to support the troops but doesn't physically "DO" anything to support them. so i am getting off my fanny and supportin' like it's nobody's business.

"for the boys" and a friendly reminder inspired me to do so. i freaked my parents out by telling them i was going to be a candy stryper (sp?) in Iraq. they didn't like my joke.

highly enjoying training at the bank. highly enjoying having amazing healthcare benefits for v. little monetary sacrifice on my end. i haven't had benefits in nearly a year.

a youth leader once more. toilet bowl football on Sunday...so i'm already planning on that not being a Sabbath...

bronchitis setting in.

just watched "the village" last night. hadn't before bc i don't like scary movies. but my pastor recommended "the village" so i figured, if i got scared and hated it, i could always blame him. ah, scapegoating. how...appropriate, when speaking of this movie.

i liked it.

i think i am in agreement with many when i say that i wish it didn't end where it did...that there was more of a continuing story. but that means i had vested interest in these [main] characters, so that's good too. i liked the story. i think there are so many levels to what everything and everyone and every action and every choice represent. my pastor told me, as he recommended it to me, that the first time he watched it, he saw "ivy" and immediately thought of me and couldn't shake the thought of "that's kristyO" the entire time he watched it...that, there were certain characteristics about her and her character that so strongly reminded him of me. i wasn't sure how to take that, but after watching the movie...i think i'd like to take it as a compliment.

off to tuck in my grandmother and get to bed before too late.

to live is Christ, to die is gain.

that i might decrease so He can increase.

so i might gain.

be washed clean in this unholy night.

right my wrongs so i can Love.

take this thorn from me.

take this Thorn from me.

Take this thorn from me.

i cry out and you answer.

let me hear and stand firm upon your words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Threadwatch gets Top 100 blog list from Cnet
Congrats, Nick. Threadwatch.org has been selected as part of the News.com Blog 100, a feature in which News.com editors and reporters are helping find the best news and views on the Web for the convenience of ...
Great bolg, Iwill defentely bookmark. I have a site with Best vitamins related stuff. If you are interested in Best vitamins information.